1. Girls are awesome when they are younger. Then they turn into hormonal pubescent witches on brooms as they age. On the flip side, boys are nothing but mud pies, smelly underwear and fits of outrage when a lego building collapses when they are younger, and as they get older, they become less of a chaotic migraine.
2. Ramen is an acceptable meal at any time of day.
3. Laundry is always handed to you at 10pm on Sunday night with pleas of "But I have NOTHING to wear to school tomorrow."
4. It is our job, as parents, to teach our kids "Jingle Bells, Batman smells, Robin layed an egg, The Bat Mobile lost a wheel and Joker got away, " as kids nowadays are not taught that in schools by their peers during the holiday season.
5. Rock still beats scissors, Scissors still beats paper, Paper still beats rock, but now there's a bomb that blows up everything... or my kids cheat at rock, paper, scissors. That could be it...
|Courtesy of Neato Shop|
7. Telling your kid to save their allowance for something big that they really want is like asking them to write an essay on how the idea of a Utopian society is, by today's standards, an impossibility. They'll stare at you blankly and brush off whatever you just said anyway.
8. Your life as a mother will be inundated with crap- crappy diapers, crappy potties during potty training, crappy temper tantrums, crappy tween music, crappy fashion trends and crap constantly coming out of kid's mouths as they get older.
9. If you are remotely the same size as your tween daughter, she will steal clothing and/or shoes from your closet.
10. Every up, every down, every sideways curve ball that motherhood throws at you is all completely worth it when you hear your kids laugh, or see them play, or have them actually agree with something you said.