2. Start flipping through the books and have your daughter say, "Hey, Mom, you should cut all of your hair off like that lady" (pointing at a hair model in the 'short' section of the hair book).
3. Lose your mind and actually consider having all of your hair cut off.
4. Decide to do it.
5. Have your daughter take a 'before' picture of you. Make sure she truly captures the 'Holy shit, what am I about to do?' look on your face, as you see here. You won't need to actually try and make this face, as it will come naturally to you.
6. Let the hair dresser cut off all of your hair. Realize after about 10 minutes of her cutting that she must not have been looking at the same picture you were, because she seems to be cutting off way more than the chin-length layered bob you showed her.
7. Repeat over and over in your head, "If Anne Hathaway can pull this short hair thing off, then I can, too, dammit."
8. Choke back tears.
9. Have the hairdresser spin you around in the chair only to find that she took off about 2-3 inches too much.
10. Pay and leave quickly, as there is nothing you can do to get the hair on the floor back onto your head at this point.
11. Buy tons of hair products to try.
12. Come home and cry your eyes out.
13. Realize that the haircut itself is awesome... it's just not what you wanted. Decide to make the most of it.
15. Allow your hair to air dry so you know what it will be like to have short hair on a regular basis (which is a nice way of saying that you know you are a lazy ass and won't blow dry and product-up your hair every single day, so you need to see exactly how crappy it's going to look when you just wash it and walk out of the door to do your grocery shopping).
16. Spend 30 minutes playing the new hair products in your hair.
17. Decide on this as your default daily hair setting:
19. Scream out, "Hell Yeah!"
20. Realize you are going to rock the hell out of this new short hair and your MILF status is still intact.