mouth started watering. Hubby and I decided to splurge one night, head to Pizza Hut, and give in to my craving.
It was so worth it. That pizza was amazing, though I will say that they left ours in the oven a tad too long. The pepperoni was extra crispy.
As I was devouring it, I realized how easy it would be to make it at home. So, I added the ingredients to my grocery list for the week, and gave it a try.
Best.... experiment... ever. The pizza was delicious, and because I made it myself, I could watch the oven to avoid the extra crispy pepperoni.
So here it is, my Pizza Hut Garlic Bread Pizza do-it-yourself recipe.
Time: 20 minutes
- 2 boxes frozen garlic bread (or make your own- these were easy, on sale, and yummy)
- bag of mozzarella or pizza cheese
- jar of pizza sauce
- toppings of choice (we had pepperoni)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove frozen garlic bread from packaging and arrange on cookie sheets.
2. Bake garlic bread in oven for 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven.
3. Using tongs or spatula, flip garlic bread over to other side.
4. Begin layering ingredients. Start with a spoonful of pizza sauce and cover with a thin layer of cheese.
5. Top pizzas with other ingredients such as pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, etc.
6. Finalize pizza toppings with another thin layer of cheese.
7. Place pizzas into oven for another 5-9 minutes, depending on efficiency of oven and desired cheese browning.
8. Remove pizzas from oven and allow to cool for 3-5 minutes before serving.
This pizza tastes amazing, and when it costs a fraction of the price of Pizza Hut's, that makes it even better. Pizza Hut's Garlic Bread pizza is a limited time only item, too (in fact, I think it's already over), but now you can make it at home any time you want it!
$8.99 for Garlic Bread pizza X 2 pizzas = $17.98
9 slices per pizza X 2 pizzas = 18 slices
Approximately $1 per slice
2 boxes of frozen garlic bread = $3 (normally 2 for $5 but I had coupons)
1 package mozzarella cheese = $2
1 jar of pizza sauce = $1.50
1 bag of pepperoni = $3
8 slices per pizza X 2 pizzas = 16 slices
Approximately $0.60 per slice