With the 4th of July right around the corner, my friends over at SkinnyMom.com sent me some recipes to share with y'all. Made with fresh fruit and lower in sugar and fat than other recipes, they are the perfect addition to any cookout this year!
Skinny American Flag Fruit Pizza
- 1 16 ounce roll Pilsbury Sugar Cookie dough
- 1 8 ounce block 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup Splenda granulated sweetener
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a large cookie sheet, evenly spread the cookie dough over the cookie sheet making sure to completely cover cookie sheet. Try to make as even as possible.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until done. Make sure not to overcook as the cookie will cook fast on the cookie tray.
- In a medium size bowl, mix 1/3 less fat cream cheese, sugar, and Splenda. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes until well mixed.
- Remove cookie from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cookie.
- Top cookie with fresh blueberries and strawberries, using the blueberries to resemble the stars and strawberries the stripes of the flag.
Red, White and Blue Trifle
- 4 ounce box sugar free fat free Cheesecake flavored Jello pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 8 ounce container Cool Whip Free topping
- 1 8-9 inch round Angel Food Cake
- Wash and drain blueberries and strawberries. Slice strawberries into small slices.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar free fat free cheesecake Jello mix with 1 1/2 cups skim milk. Using a whisk, whisk together for 2 minutes until pudding starts to thicken.
- Fold in Cool Whip Free topping into pudding mixture and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Slice up Angel Food Cake into small cubes.
- Using a trifle dish or large bowl, layer 1/3 Angel Food Cake cubes in the bottom of dish.
- Top Angel Food Cake with 1/3 blueberries.
- Add 1/3 Jello mixture on top of blueberries. (I used a plastic bag to pipe filling onto blueberries, just cut a small slit in the corner of bag after filling it with Jello filling.)
- Add 1/3 strawberry slices onto Jello mixture.
- Repeat all layers twice and top with additional blueberries and or strawberries.