Of course, above all, I am always thankful for my family and my best friend. This week, I'm especially grateful for my children, my best friend, and my meddling mother and mother-in-law. I found out quickly who I can trust in my life, and I'm thankful for those friends 2000 miles away who are there for me, too.
Now on with the list for this week (more lighthearted- we all need lighthearted sometimes), and these are in no particular order.
- M&Ms Chocolate Sprinkle Ice Cream. OMG, possibly the best comfort food ever made, and, I know in previous posts I've said I don't eat when I get stressed, this helped me through a few nights to where there were at least some calories in my system for the day. The chocolate ice cream is almost (but not quite) dark chocolate- my favorite, and it has little candy sprinkles in it, M&Ms of course, and a fudgey ribbon of syrup that runs through it. Heavenly!! And, I just had to run up to Walgreens for it. Cost $2.99 for a pint, though. Normally I don't splurge like that, but it was needed- desperately.
- Toy Story 3. Saw it at Walgreens when I ran to get my ice cream, saw it was on sale (and you got a Toy Story 3 toy, valued at $11.99, for free- heck yeah!), so I bought it. It created an amazing family night that I think was eye-opening.
- The Holidays. I don't think I will ever be as thankful for the holidays coming as I am this year. And, while we don't have a lot of money, we are going to make this holiday season the best the kids have ever had. Focus on the family, the love, being together. And, fingers crossed, it will change everything for the better.
- Eric Dane, aka Dr.Mark Sloan (McSteamy) on Grey's Anatomy. I have been an Eric Dane fan since he was on Charmed, and hubby got me into Grey's Anatomy this season, so serious bonus for me that he's on it. Ahhh, yes, I'm thankful for McSteamy. More specifically, I'm thankful for dreams where you are the new doctor on Grey's Anatomy, and McSteamy takes a liking to you immediately, but since you know his reputation of being a bit of a womanizer, you continuously tell him no and play hard to get, which makes him just pursue you more until this amazing, real connection develops between you two, and you fall madly in love and get married. Gotta love how your mind entertains you at night sometimes.
- My Gut. Sometimes I hate my gut, but this week it's proven quite useful. First this week, when something doesn't feel right, and your gut is screaming at you, go ahead and listen to it. Find out what you need to know, and get it all in the open. It does make things easier. Second this week, I had been told my several people about this grocery store that was supposedly the cheapest in town. Went there with my grocery list, and absolutely hated the atmosphere, the store itself, the people in the store, so, I went with my gut, put back all of the items from my cart and walked out. Headed straight to my normal grocery store, shopped their weekly sales and ended up buying an entire week's worth of groceries, meat included, for just $42. And, we're not eating cabbage soup at night, either. Try Beef and Beer stew last night- amazing!! So, word of mouth was nothing compared to my gut this week, and I will never doubt my grocery store, or my gut, again.
|Courtesty of imdb.com|
So, here's to the future, to getting through this, and to my family being better than ever before. I have faith, I do. And, I will make it happen!